Choosing to build a website for your personal use or business needs is the best route to take to make a striking difference in 2017. A website gives you complete control over the content you share with your audience online and creates credibility about your organization, business, and personal brand. You also get to choose your site an attractive, professional-looking design sure to grab customers attention all the time. Your business also looks much authoritative and trustworthy than those lacking a website presence online.
Below is a simple step-by-step guide on how to make a website beginners can use to create their new website online.
#1 Choose the Right Platform for Your Website
A content management system (CMS) is a platform that allows you to create your content and publish it online using a website. This software is usually installed on a host server, which means your host provider initiates a one-click installation process to install the CMS. Afterward, you can log in to your site as the admin and add pictures, text and other content you think are important. The content created can be used as blog
posts, online forms, or a product page to influence and win potential customers within your niche.
With this CMS you can also add a theme to improve the appearance of your site. And you can also add plugins to add more functionality to your site, making it a complete online application of a kind. Which is the best CMS to use? To be honest, WordPress is the most rigorous and versatile CMS in the market. People love it because it’s free and
backed by a large community, easy to install, beginner-friendly, updated regularly and loved by many savvy online entrepreneurs. Other CMS that lag slightly behind are Drupal and Joomla.
#2 Choose a Domain Name for Your Website
Registering a domain name sometimes can seem like a daunting task, but it should be a fun experience for you. A domain name is simply a specific identifier that points traffic to your website, just like a telephone number works. When choosing a domain name for your new site, make sure its name relates to the website’s content and suits your particular niche. Make sure it’s also easy to spell and pronounce, short and precise, and has a competitive domain extension (.com, .net, .org). The price of each greatly vary, so substantiate the price that appeals to you most.
#3 Choose the Right Web Hosting Plan
Many people looking to start a website always wonder which web hosting plan to choose for their site. Many times, a hosting plan depends on the size of a site about to be launched online. The more large and complex your website is, the more versatile and costly your hosting plan will be. Because you’re just starting out, choose a shared hosting package to get a taste of how sites operate online. As you get familiar with how things run online, you can shift to another hosting plan with more salient features to increase your website’s overall performance.
Setting up your hosting plan to work with WordPress is easy,
follow these simple instructions:
- Log in to your hosting account or control panel
- Click on “1-Click Installs”
- Trace the “WordPress” icon and click it
- Choose the domain in which you wish to install your site
- Click the “Install Now” button and wait to get details on how you should access your new WP website. It’s that simple!
#4 Install and Setup WordPress
Getting started with your newly created WP site is very easy. First, go to yourwebsitentame.com/wp-admin. Second, type in the username and password you first entered during your WP installation process. Afterward, you should see a WordPress “admin” menu on the left side of the screen, with submenus for seamless navigation and further improvement of your new site. The submenus also let you access your Dashboard where you can create valuable content and other valuable stuff you may want to share with the world.
Besides using the free themes that come with word press, you can also choose from an array of professional-looking themes at https://teslathemes.com/wordpress-themes/. Why is it important to choose a premium WP theme? You simply enjoy a wide range
of benefits than what other ordinary free themes can offer. For example, you enjoy more enhanced functionality, maximum security, easy compliance and very responsive design, full-time support around the clock and more. Your WordPress site operates seamlessly and at speed, thus growing its potential to a whole new level!
Follow this procedure to install WordPress manually onto your server:
- Download WordPress at http://wordpress.org/download, then save it to your local drive on your PC.
- Make a new folder on your computer and unzip WordPress in that folder
- Search for the file “wp-config-sample.php” and change its name to “wp-config.php.” Just right-click the file and choose the option “rename” to change the file’s name.
- Open the wp-config.php file using Dreamweaver or Notepad and fill in your database name, hosting username, and hosting password and save file.
- Log in to your hosting FTP and download “FileZilla” for that specific file. The FTP should look something like yourdomain.com. The username and password asked are similar to that you used to register with your host.
- Delete any “index” file inside, then upload all files you want to use from your WP folder to your FTP server. The “drag and drop” function in FileZilla should make your tasks easy.
- After all is done, go to your URL (yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php). A lovely page will open eventually, which means your new site is ready for use and is much alive!
Nowadays it’s crucial for someone to create a site in order to put their personal blog and business on the map. Before building a website was a bit complex because you were expected to learn how to code, for you to own a site online. Now times have changed. All is required of you is select an online site builder and work with it to create a new full-fledged site of your dreams. Some website builders also have a robust e-commerce solution inside, which you can easily integrate with your business to boost sales online. Follow the simple steps shared in this guide to get your first website up and running in no time. Whether it’s for your new personal projects or organization purposes, this useful guide will keep you on track. It will also walk you through a full analysis on how to make a website in 2017 without the need of a developer.